Whether you’re a vegetarian yourself, have a friend or family member you wish to cook for or perhaps you simply want to incorporate some more vegetarian based meals in to your weekly repertoire, the upcoming vegetarian cooking and nutrition class will be right up your street!
A hell of a lot people look upon the New Year to make new changes, more often than not to their diet. Embracing change and having the desire to do so is all well and good but what some of us are lacking are the skills and knowledge to see the change through. It can be difficult to make a significant difference to what you eat without the food and ingredient knowledge to fuel your appetite for experimenting in the kitchen.
The last thing you want is to endeavour to make changes only to be left eating bland and boring food that leaves your appetite for continuing on the trend over the course of the year a little less than wet!
There are a whole array of reasons for incorporating more vegetarian cuisine in to your diet. By simply cutting back on how much meat you eat….
- You can reduce your risk of coronary heart disease and strokes…
- Live a longer life; on average vegetarians live 7 years longer than meat eaters!
- Lower your risk of osteoporosis – a diet high in animal protein has been associated with increased risk of osteoporosis in women due to it’s acidic nature.
- Lose a few pounds – vegetarian diets tend to be lower in calories though you do need to be eating whole natural foods. Having the knowledge and skills to do so is crucial.
- Lower you risk of cancer; many studies have shown that a diet rich in plant foods has reduced the incidence of tumor formation.
Our vegetarian cookery and nutrition class has been designed to help you discover the joys of eating less meat both from a nutritional and desirably tasty standpoint! Two hours loaded with delicious recipes, with clear demonstrations and lots of opportunity to sample the creations, the course takes place Wednesday the 23rd of this month from 7.30pm until 9.30pm.
For just €60 you can fill your mind with ideas and tempt your taste buds with easy to recreate dishes; recipes for everything created on the night will be provided to take home.