Coriander Scented Chicken Kofta
2 x 225g chicken breasts, skinless
20 grams fresh coriander, chopped
6 grams (¼) red chilli, diced fine
2 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed and finely chopped
12 grams (1 stem) lemon grass, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, or for GF version use cooked fine rice noodles: squeeze out excess water with a cloth & chop finely.
1. Place ingredients (apart from breadcrumbs/noodles) into a food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Place chicken mixture in a bowl, add the breadcrumbs/noodles and gently mix.
3. Shape chicken into small round balls about walnut size
4. Heat a flat tray in oven, drizzle a little oil on it & lightly wipe with kitchen paper
5. Place chicken on tray and place in hot oven 220 C for 8-10 minutes, turning once
6. Thread onto bamboo skewers and serve with chili & coriander dip
Chilli & Coriander Dip
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons white sugar
4 tablespoons water
Pinch of salt
½ small red onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons ginger, finely diced
¼ red chilli, finely diced
1 tablespoon coriander leaves
1. Combine vinegar, sugar, water and salt in a small saucepan and bring to boil. Remove from heat when sugar is dissolved. Cool. The syrup should taste sweet and sour
2. Mix remaining ingredients in a serving bowl and pour syrup over them.
3. Serve with scented chicken koftas, fish cakes, green salad dressing, or over vegetables as a dressing.