We had a great evening on Tuesday where I hosted my Al Fresco Entertaining cooking class. We had a full room and at the end of all the cooking demos, we turned the kitchen into a ‘pop-up restaurant’ where we could all enjoy the fresh food with some delicious wine!
See the selection we cooked and the surprise dessert of the evening was ‘Individual Pistachio and Lavender Pavlova with Scented Orange Creme Fraiche and Seasonal Berries’. This went down a storm. We also cooked:
- Beetroot coconut and lime soup – the colour is incredible and the bowls were licked clean!
- Beautiful halloumi from ‘Toonsbridge’ Co Cork, served with blood orange, caramelized butternut, pomegranate and shredded baby spinach.
- Organic Clare Island salmon, herb and hash brown torte.
- New baby potatoes, petit pois and courgette with a wild garlic and parsley pesto
- ‘Toonsbridge’ bocconcini with salad of mixed tomatoes, torn basil, toasted sour dough and black olive crumble with an aged balsamic dressing.
Thank you my Al Fresco friends for taking time out to learn Al Fresco Cooking with me – I hope the recipe pack you took home will inspire you to create the same over the summer with your own families and friends Maggie xxxxx