No tricks just a lovely halloween treat; Gluten free / Wheat free / Dairy free / Natural sweeteners
275 grams brown rice flour
60 grams tapioca flour
20 grams gluten free baking powder
4 grams psyllium husks
2 grams xantham gum
2 grams fine sea salt
120 grams coconut oil (dairy free option) or butter – chilled and finely diced
80 grams pureed cooked pumpkin
100 grams grated apple
1 large organic or free-range egg
10 grams maple syrup or honey or chopped medjool dates or xylitol
80 grams soya yoghurt (dairy free option) or natural yoghurt
Egg wash and ground pumpkin seeds for topping scones
- Sieve all dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Rub in coconut oil or the chilled butter until you get a breadcrumb texture.
- Whisk eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin, grated apple and yoghurt together.
- Make a well in centre of flour mixture and mix in liquid, keeping a little back in case not all is required to achieve a soft dough
- Lightly shape or roll out dough on a rice floured surface. Cut scones out with a scone cutter. Lay on a floured baking tray, egg wash and top with ground pumpkin seed.
- Bake in oven at 180 C for 10-14 minutes. Serve warm with your favourite topping.